Thursday, August 09, 2007

Change, old pals and a come back...

It’s been a while since I wrote anything in here. Between these few months, a lot has changed. Yes, change is inevitable and change is eternal, as one may quickly point out, but change is very personal and subjective too, as I’d like to point out. So, here is a personal account of change, as I witnessed it.

As I was saying, the past few months, I’ve seen a lot of changes. Amongst many other things like the change in seasons, change in time zones and environment, I am no longer an entrepreneur, but an entrepreneur on a vacation. As part of change, I have witnessed unexpected people act in unexpected ways, devils turn angels and angels turn devils, and trust towards mankind re-enforced. Evident changes that depress me sometimes, about my hometown, Bangalore; changes in broadcasting trends – with localized content playing on FM radio – things I read as part of the future of media while a student; technology integrating various communication modes to enhance experience – google, it integrates various functionalities very intelligently, I love this change, where I can check mails, chat or talk with that person online if I want to, or still leave a scrap on his orkut… Ah! And Orkut, I like the fact that I’ve been able to connect with most of my long lost friends on this social networking site. I guess what makes it tick for me is the scrapping feature, where I can leave a quick message for a friend and the friends section. And a small confession, I love to read up all the recent scraps of my friends and look up their friends list – I’ve found a lot my friends by snooping into other’s contacts.

So, that’s all about the change and other things in the interim period of hiatus. Hey and not to forget, orkut helped me with resources for one of my projects… who ever said this community thingy is mindless… I fie you – wake up and get real… it’s the world of technology and connectivity, get on the bandwagon – conservative minded and old fashioned!

2 comments:

  1. Hey welcome back :-), there were some bloggers earlier who used to read you blog sincerely:-D... So keep writing...
    Kanu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice !!

    Technology changed the meaning of life in it's own way. Distance became an obsolete word in this age. And what more things are just a click away ...

    But as someone said everything has it's own limitation so do as technologies, whatever it may be as long as we able to find the reasons we will continue exploring this changing world.

    ReplyDelete

"); pageTracker._trackPageview();